We strongly believe that all our residents should have the opportunity to lead an active life and we make sure that there is always a wide range of activities and social events on offer:
- Activities – board games, quizzes, gentle musical movement, watercolour painting, tai chi.
- Entertainment – Micky, our Welfare Manager and her assistant, Yvette Sowden, make sure there is a varied programme of entertainment on offer.
- U3A – the local U3A (University of the Third Age) holds several weekly classes such as astronomy, photography and cosmology in the Home and residents are encouraged to take part in these if they so wish.
- Craft – our regular craft class produces numerous hand knitted/tapestry and needlework items and is very popular among residents.
- Mini Bus – our new minibus is used for weekly outings and trips to local beauty spots and also provides a twice weekly service to town.
- Fund raising events for other charities – each year we hold a summer Garden Party and a Christmas Fair and we encourage the residents and their guests to enjoy the stalls, the music and entertainment which fill the Home.
- Buffet evening – we hold this at the beginning of each year where residents can invite guest to our famous extravagant buffet evening